Monday, January 29, 2007

Molly Ringwald or Ally Sheedy?

I really can't believe that I'm starting a blog. It's pretty much like Facebook, I swore I'd never join the ranks and here I am. Guilty as charged. But let us go there, you and I:

Twice this week I've come across one of my all time favourite movies, the Breakfast Club, on channel 34. I don't know what possesses them to keep playing it. Actually I do know: Because it's the movie my generation grew up on, grows up on, fails to grow up on. I came home today and the scene where they had smoked pot and were dancing on the rafters was playing and I just felt at home. Not only the soundtrack, but the familiar faces, the games we play, all those things come flooding back and I'm left with a compulsion to watch it again from start to finish. Which I can, because I own in on cassette. Yeah, you heard it: cassette.

But what we here in blog land are left with is this: are you a Molly Ringwald or an Ally Sheedy? Or an Emilio or a Judd or even an Anthony Michael Hall? And let me ruin this surprise for you, after the movie Molly Ringwald and Anthony Michael Hall dated, le gross.

Welcome to Blogland... Which sounds like Bogland. Here's to an inaugural blogural???

1 comment:

Meg said...

ah, my friend. The eternal "are you a Ross or a Monica?", "George or Jerry", "Betty or Veronica" question.

Well- I'm Ross, You're Chandler, we're all George, Betty and Veronica are lame, and really?


We both know we're Ducky.