Monday, April 9, 2007

Kevin Costner, you moldy pimp...

Today, despite only going on four hours sleep, was a good day.

Two of my four classes are now over. Papers written and handed in. Not well crafted and brain is mush with two more papers due this week. However, I now feel that the end is actually in sight, not just wishful thinking.

It is raining in Calgary. But don't get excited. It is not the harsh and purifying rain that clears up and then there's a rainbow and it's warm and it takes your breath away and you feel alive. No, this is the rain before the snow, before more snow and I may in fact be mistaken about this. The sound I hear could very well be snowflakes so large that they sound like drops of water. Oh well, I'm leaving soon.

Today my seminar class ended and I did my first last class Den with the prof (in this case she is a PhD student, but whatevsies) and only a small handfull of the class. We discussed the movie that we watched for our last day reward, Thirteen Days, about the Cuban Missile Crisis. Unfortunately Kevin Costner was the protagonist and the plot had quite a few inconsistencies with the actual event but I was on the edge of my seat and biting my nails. Turns out that blockade is sort of interesting. Kevin Costner however, how was he ever the hunk of the 80s? Mention Costner to my mom and she swoons. WTF.

Also turns out that I am again one of the youngest in the class and despite four years of undergrad almost completed, I feel like I am in some ways still a first year. Who am I kidding though right? I guess the time has finally come where I have to buck up and do the work. Even if the 94-98 range for an A in my faculty is definitely not happening .

And no, Towers, it was not called "Dances with Indians".

1 comment:

Meg said...

"hey, have you seen that movie? we watched it in history like, all the time. You know, the one with Kevin Costner?

Dances with Indians?

Yeah. Solid Film."


Yet another solid reason why I shall be the godparent of the Infante.