Monday, December 8, 2008

The weather inside is frightful...

I'm in a sour mood. I have been for the last few days. I'm the first to admit that it isn't pretty. A handful of stupid things have happened that are so mundane that I can't bring myself to even discuss them but I'm irritated nonetheless.

Why is there nowhere to smoke shisha in Vernon? Why is there no late-night kebab places? Probably for the same reason.

How is it just hitting me that you can't 'entertain' at your parents' house without your parents? I love them dearly, don't get me wrong but sometimes just some asshole young-adults-who-are-really-still-adolescents conversation and multiple beers consumption is all I want.

Am I whining? Yes. Do I have any right to do so? No.
And I haven't even started on my feelings about our current government situation. Or lack of government is probably more appropriate. The silver lining to the dark, dark cloud that looms over Parliament Hill is simply that the democratic, constitutional process is at its finest and though its most recent machinations are foreign and scary and easy to dismiss as a futile waste of money: This is how it is supposed to work.

The GG did her job and implied that everyone needed to cool their jets. I couldn't agree more. If only I could do the same...

No comments: