Tuesday, August 7, 2007

maybe we'll be alright after all...

I'm pretty much terrified these days. I don't fall asleep until several hours after initially lying down. I find myself making my way to the bathroom floor, hovering over the toilet but never amounting to anything. Dry heaving, looking to rid my body of what, I don't know, trying to make things right but not knowing how. Afraid to say goodbye, afraid to embark on the next phase of my life, afraid of what awaits me in the upcoming weeks.

But maybe, just maybe there is a resolution to all of this. Perhaps if we mourn the ends of certain things appropriately, we may be better equipped to move forward with the new. I feel better admitting that I am afraid. Like finishing highschool afraid. The sort of afraid that we don't discuss.

But maybe, just maybe, we'll make it after all...

No comments: