Sunday, February 11, 2007

So I could be wrong, but I don't think so...

This post isn't going to be a very long one but here's the query: Just because you can do something, does it mean that you should? Just because I could make 25 hours, does it mean that I want to? What if the act of not doing something just makes you realize that you want to do it more? What if I don't want to wait 25 hours, or 25 days or 25 months? I don't want to wait 25 minutes sometimes. And so, if the time passes and we make it, then swell. But if it doesn't, then why should it matter? Or, what if I should not want for time to pass at all? What if these hours have just made me crave more the moments where there's no waiting time at all because we're sharing toast and tea, face-to-face, with the Queen?

This waiting thing is a predicament. But all good things are worth waiting for, so I'm told, so I'm going to hunker down and build a fort and wait, wait, wait it out with visions of tea time dancing in my head.

1 comment:

Meg said...

I'm so in for building a fort.

Speaking of, I found this and thought of you.