Sunday, February 25, 2007

When the Woody Allen Strikes...

Where will you be when the Woody Allen strikes? Will you be alone in your kitchen, rocking out to the Beatles on vinyl, making homemade pizza, dancing in your longjohns? What will happen when the oh-so-familiar Woody Allen self doubt, that you've for so long been fighting off, worms its way back into your brain? When you wonder about how your life is going to play out? If you're going to make a good mother/sister/wife/professional/human being? If your life is going to change someone else's. If you're ever going to be successful or sought-after. What song reminds people of you? Where do you see yourself in a year/5/10 years? Am I going to finish the semestre? Could I ever create something as beautiful as someone else? Am I happy? Am I fulfilled? Is there anything right now that I would change if I could?

When the Woody Allen blues strike, just hope you're not alone and that there are people around who care about you and love you enough to assure you of the things that no one can really know for sure. Eventually I found that I was content where I was and that it would all play out in the end.

No comments: