Sunday, July 15, 2007

the horrible and the miserable or 'what kind of fuckery is this?'

I'm spending the afternoon with Woody Allen and asking myself a wide variety of neuroses-inducing questions, and they couldn't come at a better time. Needless to say I'm very conflicted at the moment and the indecision and anxiety of a middle-aged Jewish comedian who can't date anyone smarter than him makes me feel a lot better about myself.

The inner monologue that runs as the rest of the cast is on pause, this happens in my life on a daily basis. The subtitles of what someone really thinks running along the bottom of the screen, this happens only in my wildest dreams.

Nevermore have I felt luckier to be miserable in my life. "Masturbation is having sex with someone you love." How truly awful it would be to be one of the horrible cases with no hope of recovery, blind, deaf or dumb. It's much better to be miserable, to feel bad about my situation (which really isn't that bad) than to have a real cause to feel horrible about.

Love fades, it's true. But that Woody Allen, he just gets better with time.

No comments: