Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Why are things so heavy in the future? Is there a problem with the earth's gravitational pull?

You gotta love Back to the Future. When they play the marathon on TBS, I will put down whatever I'm doing, cancel any plans I have, and I will settle in for a long haul with my two favourites, Marty and Doc.

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is that things are heavy in the future. The unknown and the undecidable, both kill us. The unforeseeable and the impossible. When you look at it like that, the odds seem heavily stacked against us. However, I promise we will look back with a smile and a heavy sigh of disbelief that we survived it all. At the end of the day we will wish that we could do it all over again but we don't because we wouldn't change a thing.

"Between the desire, And the spasm
Between the potency, And the existence
Between the essence, And the descent
Falls the Shadow
For Thine is the Kingdom" - T.S. Eliot

So when things get heavy, just hang on and remember to breathe.

3 comments:

Meg said...

I know this one isn't about me, but I don't know if I can hold on. The uncertainty is killing me.

Anonymous said...

It's about all of us man. Haven't you heard? It's raining a shitstorm and no one is safe.

Meg said...

I'm so tired of getting shit on. I think we all are.