Thursday, June 21, 2007

thank you for the music...

What can I say? Mamma Mia was everything I had hoped for and more! Cheesy "everything in Greece is perfect all the time" set. Check. Soundtrack from my gestation. Check. About ten martinis too many. Check. Mild hangover. Check. Check.

After my parents saw Mamma Mia, my life was not complete according to them, until I had seen it. I put off seeing it in London, knowing that it was coming to Calgary and I knew that if I couldn't see it with my own mother, the next best person, Glenda Ducharme, would gladly accompany me. We had a fabulous time. Anyone who thinks music can't change the world obviously hasn't seen standing room only at the Jubilee, blonde hairs, blue hairs, cell phones, oxygen tanks, all dancing in the aisles, innumerable Dancing Queens thanking ABBA for the music that surprisingly we've all grown to know and love.

An aside, well two asides actually.
1. I have a new found appreciation for my mom and her bookclub aged crew. It takes a will far far stronger than the one I currently possess to be able to sip more than one dry vodka martini without making a face and running for the toilet.
2. Waking up at 7:30am at a mom-aged sleep over to Ray Charles crooning all throughout the house, fresh squeezed juice and croissants for breakfast. This is bliss, people.

If I could, I'd retire today.

No comments: