Wednesday, June 13, 2007

wednesday malaise...

Here we are, Wednesday, the proverbial hump of the week and it feels like it. For the first time in a while I realize that the guise of "Summer" does not always mean what we build it up to mean. Yes, don't get me wrong, there is dancing the light fantastic and socializing more than one does during the school year, but the weekdays are still the weekdays and the weekend still can't come soon enough and though September is a cruel mistress, I miss her all the same.

And so, where does that leave me? Work wise, interviewing and recruitment has almost come to a close, reference checks are underway (and are undoubtedly the bane of my existence), training is done (for now) and the real test comes this weekend when my program starts in realtime and the children all come out to play.

So, what's with the malaise? I suppose it's just a case of the Wednesdays. I just got my pre-trip package for Spain and travel is all I can really think about right now. I hate that three month calm before the storm. Inevitable though it may be. It makes me wonder how much time is spent preparing to live versus time spent actually living. Don't feel sorry for this louse though. Wednesday precedes Thursday which in Universityland is the first day of the unofficial weekend celebrations. I think I might go somewhere exotic this weekend. Maybe the spa (too broke, scratch that) or maybe to fish with my dad. I would actually really like that last option. Fishing. With. My. Dad. I know. It must still be Wednesday.

1 comment:

bluecentrist said...

wednesdays stink. go see a movie. that's what I did. Now I'm stuck with thursday catch-up.