Thursday, March 15, 2007

For lack of a better word(s)...

The procrastination station is in full swing here at the Fortress of Smoothitude. I'm sure there are many things to discuss, blog-style, like the pending vacays and the manic weather we're having but I'd rather start the list of best lines ever. I'm not going to restrict it to one given medium and the list is in no particular order. I'll be updating it as necessary I suppose but this will do in the meantime.

1. "Mama oooo- (any way the wind blows) I don't wanna die, I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all."
-Bohemian Rhapsody, Queen. Who hasn't felt like that, junior high style?

2. "And jesus, he wants to go to Venus, Leaving levon far behind, Take a balloon and go sailing, While levon, levon slowly dies."
-Levon, Elton John.

3. "And these children that you spit on, As they try to change their worlds, Are immune to your consultations, They're quite aware of what they're going through."
- Changes, David Bowie.

4. "open your eyes look around you, fuck what you heard, you were lied to"
-Don't Call Me
Whitney Bobby, Islands.
5. "The man says, 'Get out of here
I'll tear you limb from limb.'
I said, 'You know they refused Jesus, too'
He said, 'You're not Him.
Get out of here before I break your bones
I ain't your pop.'
I decided to have him arrested
And I went looking for a cop."
-Bob Dylan's 115th dream, Bob Dylan
6. "
The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which."
-Animal Farm, George Orwell.

7. "but remember when i moved in you and the holy dove was moving too and every breath we drew was hallelujah"
-Hallelujah, Leonard Cohen.


That's enough for one day.

No comments: