Saturday, March 24, 2007

I'm afraid it's out to sea for me...

We sat together, you and I, on the big hill in Bridgeland overlooking the city. It was mid-afternoon and so warm that we could sit without sitting on our coats because the ground was dry. You strummed your banjo and I hummed a tune on the fly.

The city was beautiful, up there on Drury Avenue. We saw a jack rabbit and I swore it was the biggest darn rabbit I'd ever seen. And it was.

Some questions have no easy answers. Sometimes all we want to hear is nothing. Sometimes we don't want to be told what we already know which is that all signs point to heartache, no matter how you shake it.

He told me it's all alright on ice and I told him it's out to sea for me... We shook hands, parted ways and I swore I'd never forget him. I set sail for the high seas and didn't look back.

No comments: